A Case for Oxidation: A potential missed opportunity for D

kinke noone at nowhere.com
Fri Jun 29 10:55:27 UTC 2018

On Friday, 29 June 2018 at 10:00:09 UTC, Radu wrote:
> While not necessarily targeting bare metal, I'm very interested
> in a working version of @safe dlang. I believe that dlang with
> betterC, @safe, C/C++ inter-op and dip1000 will be huge for
> replacing C/C++.

I'd love to hear some reasons for -betterC from a competent guy
like yourself. I simply don't get what all the fuzz is about and
what people expect to gain from losing druntime (and language
features depending on it) and non-template-only Phobos. I
understand the separate 'minimal runtime' need for bare metal (no
Type- and ModuleInfos etc.), but I can't help myself in seeing
betterC as, nicely put, worseD. I acknowledge that it seems to
attract wide-spread interest, and I'd like to understand why.