A Case for Oxidation: A potential missed opportunity for D

kinke noone at nowhere.com
Fri Jun 29 11:36:55 UTC 2018

On Friday, 29 June 2018 at 11:24:52 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
> It is a language feature yes, and it doesn't define /how/ it
> gets implemented.

That's besides my actual point though (and I haven't even
mentioned missing class support, which is everything but helping
with developing against existing C++ codebases).
My question is: what do people expect to gain by not linking in
druntime and Phobos? Is there a feeling the binaries are
unnecessarily bloated (-> minimal runtime)? Is it making
cross-compilation harder (LDC has the ldc-build-runtime tool for
that)? Is it the cozy feeling that the GC won't used at all? ...