Opt-in non-null class references?

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 09:59:53 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 28 February 2018 at 14:05:19 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> I expect that pretty much anything you propose that requires
> code flow analysis is DOA. Walter is almost always against
> features that require it, because it's so hard to get right,
> and the places that D does use it tend to have problems (e.g.
> it's actually quite trivial to use a const or immutable member
> variable before it's initialized).

Honestly, this is not that hard. It's very hard in DMD because it
doesn't go through an SSA like form at any point. It's rather
disappointing to see the language spec being decided upon based
on design decision made in a compiler many years ago.