dip1000 state

carblue invalid at posteo.net
Fri Mar 2 20:17:41 UTC 2018

On Friday, 2 March 2018 at 18:17:02 UTC, Paolo Invernizzi wrote:
> On Friday, 2 March 2018 at 18:07:34 UTC, carblue wrote:
>
>> (It may be absolutely unrelated, but there once was a very
>> productive and knowledgeable compiler et. al. contributor,
>> 9rnsr, Hara Kenji; though not contributing to dmd since ~ 1.5
>> years any more, he's still ranked #1 in number of
>> contributions; I think, he's a busy professor at a Tokyo
>> university, but I'm really curious to know why he stopped
>> coding; I guess, dmd improvement speed still suffers from his
>> decision).
>
> https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/5239
> https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/5304

Many thanks for the pointers, Paolo.
Just from what I grasped from a short read: It happened that
"high-value" contributor Hara Kenji got pissed off in a
discussion about code formating style (and probably more
background I didn't read about): Incredible, that there was no
way for de-escalation. It seems to support my (3.), but I won't
appoint myself as a judge and we don't want to lose our BDFL.
At least I understand my (1.) better now.