dip1000 state

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sat Mar 3 02:12:28 UTC 2018

On 3/2/2018 10:07 AM, carblue wrote:
> I generally already used -dip1000 since DConf2017 and it served me well, until
> about 2 month ago, "by accident" code was committed to std.uni that broke my
> builds, see issue #17961. I invested a lot of time to fix this by PR 6041.
> The current state is: I don't know any reason why it doesn't get (can be?)
> merged and now it languishes on page 2 of 3 of PRs and Walter started a new PR
> 6212 recently after my PR is ready for weeks. In total 4 of my -dip1000 related
> PRs are stuck and mostly for unknown or arguable reasons.

For reference, I submitted:

   https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/6212

which I remarked was puzzlingly different from your PR:

   https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/6041

I would appreciate your advice on that as well.

I was unaware of your PR. Sometimes, it's worth while to make some noise if
you're feeling overlooked. Both Andrei and I are way overloaded, and I generally
defer to Andrei to watch the Phobos PRs.

For reference, here are your open PRs:

   https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pulls?q=author%3Acarblue+is%3Aopen

You've had 4 others that were pulled in the last month; you haven't been totally
ignored:

   https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pulls?q=author%3Acarblue+is%3Aclosed

I do appreciate the work you're doing to get -dip1000 working with Phobos. It's
important!