dip1000 state

Radu rad.racariu at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 18:52:21 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 3 March 2018 at 09:04:04 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 3/2/2018 10:48 PM, Manu wrote:
>> I've been arguing for DIP1000 (or something very much like it)
>> for
>> almost 10 years. It's one of the small handful of issues that
>> lead me
>> to the forum in the first place.
>> 'Patience' might not be the right word at this point ;)
>
> It is nice to see some interest in it. I've felt like I've been
> pushing against a wall of indifference for a couple years on it.
>
> The good news is:
>
> 1. it's implemented
> 2. it works
> 3. it's effective
>
> The bad news is:
>
> 1. it's viral like const is. Ya gotta commit to it!
> 2. Phobos is not completely dip1000 compatible, but it's pretty
> close. Druntime is fully dip1000.

dip1000 is pivotal to Dlang's succes, but I don't need to tell
you about this.

It needs those bugs sorted out and some vigouros leadership to
shepperd it out of the DIP process and make it default.

I want to use it in a betterC lib I'm developing, but the slow
progress on bug front at least made me worry about its future.
Good news is that for some parts it worked nicely, but it is not
there yet!

Thanks.