help me with dpldocs - how to filter 3rd party libs

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 22:24:58 UTC 2018

So the dpldocs scraper right now pulls all the .d files out of a
repo and tries to build docs for them. But in some cases, there's
a lot of added dependencies in there that can cause the built to
time out.

For example, take a look at dlangui:

http://dlangui.dpldocs.info/dlangui.html

Notice the sidebar on the left has a lot of other packages,
including x11 and win32 bindings. Similarly, dplug
<http://dplug.dpldocs.info/derelict.html> comes with some
derelict things bundled.

I'm tempted to say if there's a D package that matches the dub
package, just focus on it and leave the others out. I could also
read the dub description for excludedSourceFiles or for the
ddoxFilterArgs and piggyback off that, though a lot of packages
haven't concerned themselves with docs at all and didn't set
those either.

Really, I think my ideal solution would be to figure out what the
library is supposed to export, and focus on that. Its internal
implementation details shouldn't matter in docs; who cares if it
bundles some dependency when that isn't meant to be part of its
public API. But I don't see any way dub reports what this is
meant to be, it just eats up all src too.

Do you guys have any better ideas?