Embedded Linux really needs Dlang for the IOT market

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Fri Mar 9 07:56:12 UTC 2018

On Friday, 9 March 2018 at 03:09:16 UTC, dangbinghoo wrote:

> We need tutorial for cross-compiling a whole d project for the
> ARM, MIPS linux systems, and we need the cross-compile
> toolchain ready to download.
>
> so, any ideas?

LDC can cross-compile to various platforms, you just need a
cross-linker and the system libraries. There's a Docker image
that provides cross-compilers for various targets [1]. That image
will provide a cross-linker and system libraries. I've created a
Docker image based on the crossbuild image that contains LDC [2].
It targets macOS but it should be straightforward to adopt it to
targeting ARM.

[1] https://hub.docker.com/r/multiarch/crossbuild
[2]
https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/docker-ldc-darwin/blob/master/Dockerfile