DConf hotel poor QoS

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Fri Mar 9 17:28:17 UTC 2018

On Friday, March 09, 2018 17:12:31 Luís Marques via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Friday, 9 March 2018 at 17:07:50 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> > I had similar problems
>
> How do these people stay in business??

Probably by normally having folks use their website rather than e-mail them,
and if it's rare enough for folks to e-mail in like this, they don't have to
actually handle it well to stay in business. Personally, I think that it's
quite weird to be e-mailing in to make reservations. My guess is that we
were told to e-mail in, because their website probably doesn't have a way to
indicate that you want a special rate like this. Still, I was quite
surprised at how slow they were in responding to e-mails, and I was just
about to give up on getting a reservation that way when I finally got the
e-mail saying that they'd made one (with the wrong dates though).

I was also surprised that I had as much trouble getting to someone on the
phone who could help me as I did. Given that they're an international hotel
chain, I would have expected more of their folks on the phone to speak
English. That problem would be more understandable if they were just in
Germany, but they're not.

- Jonathan M Davis