Remember when make -f posix.mak just worked for dmd from zip?

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 12:55:41 UTC 2018

On Monday, 12 March 2018 at 12:50:14 UTC, Daniel Kozak wrote:
> obviosly it is unlikely place to download the dlang compiler
> sources these days :D

See, I just want to do a small tweak on the installation I have
working. Since druntime, phobos, and dmd are so ridiculously
tightly coupled, you need to have matching releases of all three
(and apparently now of the compiler used to build the compiler...
  if i try to just build dmd from git i get
`/home/me/d/dmd2/linux/bin32/../../src/druntime/import/core/exception.d(686): _store is thread local`) so you can't just change one little piece and keep the rest intact anymore.

But in the old days, when you downloaded the zip, the included
source just worked. You could go in and run make in-place and
it'd successfully build the replacement piece you can use with
the rest of the distribution.

I'd just like that to work again. And it shouldn't be hard - i
think the src directory of the zip is just missing a few basic
files.