rvalue types

Simen Kjærås simen.kjaras at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 14:31:25 UTC 2018

On Monday, 12 March 2018 at 14:19:17 UTC, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> I'll just point out that the C++ name for this is "Proxy
> classes". Maybe, for the sake of reducing confusion, it might
> be a good idea to adopt that.

The main idea behind rvalue types and their name, is that they
are types that can only ever be rvalues, not by convention, but
through the type system.

I agree that most rvalue types will be proxy types, but it is not
necessarily the case, nor is a proxy type necessarily an rvalue
type. I don't want to conflate the two when discussing the
'rvalue-only' aspect.

--
   Simen