D course material

Seb seb at wilzba.ch
Tue Mar 13 16:07:09 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 13 March 2018 at 12:39:24 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
> Hi, folks!
>
> I’m testing waters for a D course at one University for first
> time it’ll be an optional thing. It’s still discussed but may
> very well become a reality.
>
> Before you ask - no, I’m not lecturing and in fact, I didn’t
> suggest D in the first place! Academics are finally seeing
> light in the gloom of 1 year OOP in C++ course having
> underwhelming results.
>
> Now to the point, I remeber Chuck Allison (pardon if I
> misspelled) doing D lectures at Utah Valley University, here:
> https://dconf.org/2014/talks/allison.html
>
> There is also Ali’s book. But anything else easily adoptable as
> course material?
>
>> Dmitry Olshansky

While it's probably not too helpful for actual teaching,
https://tour.dlang.org is getting better almost every day.
For example, since a few weeks there's a small special mir Tour
(the tour allows to inject arbitrary markdown for such sub tours).

https://tour.dlang.org/tour/mir
https://github.com/dlang-tour/mir