D course material

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Tue Mar 13 23:05:24 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, March 13, 2018 21:30:13 aberba via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> The D Programming Language (TDPL) is a big book so it will be
> boring. I used it whilst learning about the complete features of
> D (mostly just reading like story book though).

LOL. TDPL big? It's only 463 pages including the index. I have plenty of
books that are double that size, if not larger.

Regardless, TDPL is an excellent introduction to D. Personally, what I liked
most about it was the fact that it actually assumes that you know what stuff
like variables and for loops are. It doesn't try to teach you how to
program. It just tries to teach you how to program in D. As such, it's
probably terrible for an introductory programming course, but for anyone who
knows how to program but is looking to learn D, it's a great book.

- Jonathan M Davis