Do we need Mat, Vec, TMmat, Diag, Sym and other matrix types?

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 12:45:24 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 14 March 2018 at 05:01:38 UTC, 9il wrote:

> Maybe we should use only column major order. --Ilya

In my head I had been thinking that the Mat type you want to
introduce would be just an alias to a 2-dimensional Slice with a
particular SliceKind and iterator. Am I right on that?

If that's the case, why not introduce a Tensor type that
corresponds to Slice but in column-major storage and then have
Mat (or Matrix) be an alias to 2-dimensional Tensor with a
particular SliceKind and iterator.