dmd -unittest=<pattern> (same syntax as -i)

Nordlöw per.nordlow at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 17:41:51 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 14 March 2018 at 21:22:01 UTC, Timothee Cour wrote:
> would a PR for `dmd -unittest=<pattern> (same syntax as -i)` be
> welcome?
> wouldn't that avoid all the complicatiosn with
> version(StdUnittest) ?
> eg use case:
>
> # compile with unittests just for package foo (excluding
> subpackage foo.bar) dmd -unittest=foo -unittest=-foo.bar -i
> main.d

I've already tried to adding support for `-unittest=foo` this at

https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/6375

enabling even faster edit-save-check turnarounds when using

https://github.com/flycheck/flycheck-d-unittest/blob/master/flycheck-d-unittest.el

but it hasn't (yet) been accepted. There are quite a few people
who have brought up this a good idea in the forums. Keep up the
discussions and claim the importance of adding this perhaps by
adding a note in the pull request linked above.