D beyond the specs

Guillaume Piolat notthat at email.com
Fri Mar 16 14:45:28 UTC 2018

On Friday, 16 March 2018 at 11:44:59 UTC, Chris wrote:
> Would it be possible to find out at DConf in Munich why exactly
> D is so popular in Germany (my impression) and in other
> countries of Europe (and that general post code) like France,
> Italy, GB, Romania and Russia etc.?

Made-up theory that probably isn't worth anything without
measurements:

In providing an improvement over C++, including more safety and
GC, D (unwillingly) positionned itself being spiritual successor
in the Wirth's family of language. And Niklaus Wirth was from
Switzerland so _perhaps_ the nearby territory is already more
favourable to alternatives native languages.

Let the speculation begin!