D beyond the specs

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 16 17:57:36 UTC 2018

On 03/16/2018 09:18 AM, jmh530 wrote:
 > On Friday, 16 March 2018 at 16:02:07 UTC, bachmeier wrote:

 >> Much of programming language
 >> adoption involves choosing languages others are using

Agreed. In my case, "others" have been people who I respected or
happened to be my close friends. Over the years, I've become less prone
to crowd influence (or they are so successful that I merely think so. :))

 > Some people bring up the Dvorak keyboard, but the evidence that it was
 > better was scant and the marginal benefit of switching was too small to
 > justify the cost.

I've switched to Dvorak I think 18 years ago when I started having aches
on my arms. I can't argue that Dvorak was the reason because I changed
two more things at the same time: split keyboard and Emacs for its word
completion feature (so that I would type less). In the end I'm weirder
because I use Dvorak... and Emacs... and D... and spaces... and no
external monitor... and too many other things... :o)

Ali