D beyond the specs

Aurélien Plazzotta azerty at protonmail.com
Fri Mar 16 18:38:44 UTC 2018

On Friday, 16 March 2018 at 11:44:59 UTC, Chris wrote:
> Would it be possible to find out at DConf in Munich why exactly
> D is so popular in Germany (my impression) and in other
> countries of Europe (and that general post code) like France,
> Italy, GB, Romania and Russia etc.?

To the best of my knowledge, there is currently no job offer in D
programming in France. It is not even required/highlighted as a
second/bonus skill to apply for a job.

Perhaps it is used within a research and development department
of very few companies for very specific tasks but it's unheard of
and the mentalities of top management won't change before long
because we are a retarded population who needs a lot of safety
nets and huge amounts of guarantees to actually to take action...

Also, french citizens don't like taking financial and
technological risks, now adopting D for profesionnal use is a big
one.

For example, to be hired full time as a Python programmer is
possible for only 3-4 years and was regarded as an "exotic"
language until now.

I know it's sucks...