D beyond the specs

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 10:10:04 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 18 March 2018 at 07:06:37 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> It may not be distributor greed: I was one of the founders of a
> WordPerfect distributor in Turkey in around 1991.

Cool :-)

> I don't know whether it was the US government rules or
> WordPerfect rules but they simply could not sell us anywhere
> near what US consumers were paying. $500 in Turkey is still an
> impossibly high price.

*nods*  I find it kinda interesting that the global distribution
that came with the Internet may have made it more difficult to
differentiate prices, both ways.  Also harder to sell with lower
margins in 3rd world countries.  E.g. on Amazon you can now find
cheaper reprints of textbooks targeting universities in India...

Of course, localized software (language barrier) may still be
used to differentiate.