CTFE ^^ (pow)

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 01:21:16 UTC 2018

On 18 March 2018 at 18:11, rikki cattermole via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> For those not in the know, Manu is special.
>
> He is in essence a use case for D himself.
>
> We really should be trying to make him happy in terms of blockers.
> It's just good business sense.
>
> Shame we can't throw money at him, he would have great ROI value.

Haha!
I tried to mitigate coming across that way, and express myself in
terms of patience and frustration, which I think is probably something
a lot of people here can relate to.

Sure, there's no reason for anyone to care about my opinion, but I
have truly spent years investing in D, and strategies and attempts to
integrate it into my work *professionally*. Doing company
demonstrations, training colleagues, attempting small projects as
proof of concept, etc.
That's all I care about. I have hobby projects like everyone, but what
I *really* care about, is getting to the point where I can write D
code professionally in my field of work.
I also think I work in one of the prime fields where D has so much to
offer... but we also have an unusually high bar-to-entry.