CTFE ^^ (pow)

rikki cattermole rikki at cattermole.co.nz
Mon Mar 19 01:50:23 UTC 2018

On 19/03/2018 2:38 PM, Manu wrote:
> On 18 March 2018 at 18:29, rikki cattermole via Digitalmars-d
> <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
>> On 19/03/2018 2:21 PM, Manu wrote:

>>> Haha!
>>> I tried to mitigate coming across that way, and express myself in
>>> terms of patience and frustration, which I think is probably something
>>> a lot of people here can relate to.
>>>
>>> Sure, there's no reason for anyone to care about my opinion, but I
>>> have truly spent years investing in D, and strategies and attempts to
>>> integrate it into my work *professionally*. Doing company
>>> demonstrations, training colleagues, attempting small projects as
>>> proof of concept, etc.
>>> That's all I care about. I have hobby projects like everyone, but what
>>> I *really* care about, is getting to the point where I can write D
>>> code professionally in my field of work.
>>> I also think I work in one of the prime fields where D has so much to
>>> offer... but we also have an unusually high bar-to-entry.
>>

>> Your entire reply is reason to care about your opinion :)
>>
>> I'm not alone in thinking that you're a very valuable community member.
>
> I'm not though... I'm a noisy whingey one that never actually gives
> anything back!
> I'm just a stubborn mule that's constantly trying to fight my way
> through my next hurdle.
>
> I think maybe my lessons are of some value, and I've been a forcing
> function for a few important developments.
> If I were to start over again today, I might have different
> experience, thanks to a relative increase in ecosystem maturity
> compared to when I started.
>
>> Perhaps you can have a chat with a member of DLF about getting a list of
>> issues for you figured out?
>
> I've influenced more than I feel is reasonable with respect to my
> results. I've mostly failed, and not through lack of trying. There are
> lots of people here now who are having way more success than I have.
> I might do that if I could maneuver my workplace into a position where
> they were to consider a serious investigation again.

Your result, is a better D experience for everyone involved.
There has been no failure that I can see on the communities end.

You failed to create a successful commercial products using D, wait hang
on Quantum Break!

Just because 99 times out of 100 you've failed doesn't mean 1 won't be
successful given more hard work.