D-dll support: testers needed round 2

evilrat evilrat666 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 06:46:47 UTC 2018

On Friday, 9 February 2018 at 20:34:33 UTC, Benjamin Thaut wrote:
> My work on dll support for D continues. There is another
> iteration I need help testing with.
>
> Getting started tutorial:
> http://stuff.benjamin-thaut.de/D/getting_started.html
>
> A binary distribution is provided, see the tutorial for details.

Played a bit with your binaries, here are some issues.

Importing non-compiled modules works ok.
However when doing manual library loading(both WinAPI LoadLibrary
and Runtime.loadLibrary) things is the same as in vanilla DMD/LDC
- casting not working.

Classes(incl. abstract) works in a hacky way (first cast to void*
- then to actual class), again same as plain DMD, no changes here.

Interfaces doesn't work at all, doing the hack above on
interface-derived object messes up vtbl/offsets, resulting in
wrong function called.

-import switch seems to do the trick, but how to deal with
dynamic loading?