Please vote for Dub integration into Sonatype Nexus

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Wed Mar 21 15:30:57 UTC 2018

On Wed, 2018-03-21 at 11:49 +0000, Andre Pany via Digitalmars-d wrote:

[…]
> If I understand correctly, Bintray == JFrog Artifactory. Yes it
> would be also nice if dub support is added to both solutions.
> If JFrog accepts PR on Github we could even add dub support
> on ourselfs.

JFrog have Artifactory yes, but I do not know if Bintray is actually
something different or just a public instance of Artifactory. In any
event Bintray is a public repository of stuff, with JCenter being the
bit for Maven type artefacts – most of the people I know publish to
Maven Central via JCenter so as to avoid Sonatype's Nexus.

I believe Maven is the wrong model for D, it is all about artefacts for
use in JVM-based language builds. Conan (C/C++ repository) is a much
better model for D, as is crates.io (Rust/Cargo repository), and indeed
Dub :-).

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200