#dbugfix 17592

12345swordy alexanderheistermann at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 20:32:07 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 22 March 2018 at 19:52:43 UTC, Adam D Ruppe wrote:
> On Thursday, 22 March 2018 at 19:20:14 UTC, 12345swordy wrote:
>> "C++ classes and COM classes will still work"
>
> Because they have external runtimes that get used.
You are moving goal post here.

>> I can tell that you're being snarky at me.
>
> If you change .destroy without changing the destructor rule,
> the type system has been BROKEN. They MUST change together or
> all the "guarantees" are shot.
>
> A warning doesn't change this. The code is still broken.

Ok fine, I admit my solution have it's own set of problems.
Still, the lack of @nogc @pure etc class deallocation is a severe
issue for which is a major blocking point for me on creating
video games without using the GC on the d language. I am
certainly not going to resorting to hacking by forcing my custom
dealloaction function for classes a @nogc attribute as that
undermines the verification aspect of the attribute.