CTFE ^^ (pow)

Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Fri Mar 23 01:43:49 UTC 2018

On 03/18/2018 11:28 PM, Manu wrote:

> I know these feels so well.
> People take their one experience, and that's the truth on the matter.
> The sad part is, it's actually a massive missed opportunity! If these
> colleagues posted here, and instead were greeted by recognition of
> their issue, and provided a satisfactory work-around, or even a prompt
> fix, they would have taken a COMPLETELY different message away from
> their interaction; it would be "this D comunity is so awesome, I can
> have confidence that our issues will be handled in a personalised
> way!", and there's very strong value in that for a business...

Well *of course* they would love any group that does custom work for
them for free! ;)

But I think, therein lies one of the big shortcomings we have in
promoting D:

Around here, we complain and whine and...erm...b***h (don't need another
of Walter's secret PC-enforment emails) about "this is a volunteer
project, we're not getting paid for this, blah blah blah"...

*AND YET*: We don't have NO crystal clear, obvious way for people to
actually say "I need this, SO HERE, TAKE MY MONEY IN EXCHANGE FOR IT!!!"
(Sure, we know that Walter's been open to stuff like that, but do
prospective D users know that?)

That's what we need. Solves everyone's problems. Improves D. Gets us
around the "not backed by a company" problems. Brings businesses into D
instead of turning them away at the gates. I mean, shoot: *We* want
users, we want money, we want to get paid to work on/with D. *They* have
money and want things done. Let's get together, right?!! Everybody happy!