CTFE ^^ (pow)

Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Fri Mar 23 08:36:06 UTC 2018

On 03/23/2018 03:35 AM, Jordan Wilson wrote:

> I suppose it's about finding that balance between growing the D user
> base, and trying to get said user base to give back.
>
> Say I was offered a car with no windscreen...I have 3 responses:
> 1. Cool! I'll put in a windscreen myself, as this car has a great engine.
> 2. Thanks. This car does a great job getting from a to b, pity about all
> these bugs flying in my face though. Wish I knew more about windscreens.
> 3. No thank you, I'll just stick with the train. Nice spinner rims, btw.
>
> Regarding D, I fall into (2), but sometimes I wonder if catching the
> train would be easier...

I used to be (2) with D, but that was something like ten years ago. At
this point, it's more like a brand new sedan, well-built, reasonably
priced, great mileage, a few minor things I've tweaked or done
differently if I had a magic wand, but otherwise a car that leaves me
wondering "Why are people whining about the lack of spinner support and
iPhone whiz-bangery? Big effing deal."

That's NOT a comment on Manu's OP here, of course. Something like "Why
is x^^y *still* not CTFE-able???" is the kind of thing I completely
sympathize with. Can't imagine that sort of thing being a blocker
though, especially if I were still doing a lot of work in C or C++.