CTFE ^^ (pow)

Timon Gehr timon.gehr at gmx.ch
Fri Mar 23 21:05:51 UTC 2018

On 23.03.2018 20:02, Manu wrote:
> Here's another one of these apparently trivial cases which is highly
> likely to emerge for a new user (ie, has, in my experience, and I have
> to 'explain' the situation, which is anti-merit):
> https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/8031

The language grammar has a nontrivial amount of unintuitive cases like
this one, I guess due to historical reasons. We ought to just merge the
type and expression grammar and let the compiler figure out whether an
AST node is a type or an expression within semantic. I might write a DIP
for this after pushing the tuple DIP.