CTFE ^^ (pow)

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 21:40:34 UTC 2018

On 23 March 2018 at 12:16, Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> On 3/23/2018 11:09 AM, Manu wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>

> You make some good points. The CTFE one is kinda inexcusable on our part,
> because it was trivial to implement (just more or less add some table
> entries and some glue copying existing examples), and there were posts after
> posts here and on bugzilla talking about it and nobody doing anything about
> it.
>
> Rvalue references are not trivial and can have major unintended
> consequences. They're a rather ugly feature in C++, with weirdities. I doubt
> D will ever have them.

... totally started a new thread (sorry!)
;)

> Regarding ARC, we've tried on that front numerous times. Still we don't have
> a good RC solution, but it isn't for lack of trying.

I understand, and I don't feel like I've been hammering this one into
the dirt unfairly. Work appears to be ongoing, and I'm watching with
interest.
It has been a very long time coming though. I feel like it's a
breakthrough that we're all pretty much in agreement that it should
exist! That was a long fight on its own ;)

> [...]

Oops, new thread ;)