#dbugfix 17592

12345swordy alexanderheistermann at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 21:45:14 UTC 2018

On Friday, 23 March 2018 at 18:40:45 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
> On Thursday, 22 March 2018 at 21:37:40 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
>> [snip]
>>
>> I don't say that's the solution. I think there's no solution.
>
> I'm not sure there's no solution, but there's definitely no
> EASY solution. And when I say solution, I don't mean a
> resolution of this specific issue. I mean to resolve the
> fundamental issue, which is being able to clean up memory in
> betterC or @nogc.

Can we create new type of classes that combines system attributes
with classes?
Creating new keywords like nogcclass, safeclass by doing this.
Which, take nogcclass for example, automatically adds @nogc
attribute to every function including .objects functions, which
can not be removed. That way we avoid breaking backwards
compatibility with the usage of default class by introducing new
strict subset of classes.

I am thinking writing a dip that goes into detail.