CTFE ^^ (pow)

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Sat Mar 24 01:08:38 UTC 2018

On Saturday, March 24, 2018 00:39:03 Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
> On Saturday, 24 March 2018 at 00:08:17 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
>
> wrote:
> > On Friday, March 23, 2018 23:37:18 Nick Sabalausky via
> >
> > Digitalmars-d wrote:
> >> I would think any self-respecting project would WANT to lower
> >> the barrier to being notified of problems, not put roadblocks
> >> in the way: That's what outsourced call centers are for!
> >
> > Part of the problem with that is the sheer number of spammers
> > out there. Signing up is a pretty minimal barrier to entry, and
> > it's mostly prevented spam from showing up in bugzilla. And if
> > someone isn't willing to take a few minutes to sign up for a
> > bugzilla account, that implies that they don't care very much.
> >
> > Yes, we want the barrier to entry to be minimal, but that
> > doesn't mean that it makes sense to make it zero.
>
> Yea, but there are less obtrusive ways of preventing spam posts.
> Like the modern crop of captchas.

I really, really, really hope that we never see captchas on bugzilla. I'd
sign up for an account any day of the week to avoid having to deal with
captchas. IMHO, captchas are one of the most annoying inventions known to
man. And I really don't understand why it's a big deal to have to have to
sign up to report a bug. You need to give your e-mail address anyway if you
want to receive any updates on the bug. IMHO, it makes perfect sense that
signing up for an account would be involved with that.

- Jonathan M Davis