code.dlang.org having problems?

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Sat Mar 24 17:40:10 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 24 March 2018 at 16:14:20 UTC, rikki cattermole
wrote:
> On 25/03/2018 5:10 AM, Russel Winder wrote:
>> On Sun, 2018-03-25 at 04:50 +1300, rikki cattermole via
>> Digitalmars-d wrote:

>>> Tip: $ dub --skip-registry=all
>>
>> Not useful just no, I need new versions. Two reasons: 1. I
>> didn't have the
>> latest version locally; and 2. I deleted ~/.dub as a clean up
>> measure to get
>> rid of all the crap accrued over the years.
>
> $ git clone https://yyyy/xx/zz
> $ dub add-local zz
>
> These are workarounds, to keep you going.
> Preferable no, but what else can you do really?
>
> The only thing comes to mind is allow dub itself to retrieve
> the projects zip and cache the database locally.

There are currently 2 interesting dub pull requests. First one
allows you to specify git dependencies. Second one allows you to
connect to maven repositories. If e.g. the dub packages also
beeing cloned to a maven repository this would increase the
safety net.
Next step of course would be a pull request to allow url (zip)
dependencies. May someone is so kind to create a pr.

Kind regards
Andre