code.dlang.org having problems?

Seb seb at wilzba.ch
Mon Mar 26 15:34:12 UTC 2018

On Monday, 26 March 2018 at 14:16:28 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
> On Saturday, 24 March 2018 at 15:48:21 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
>> It seems Dub is dead, and thus so are new Dub builds.
>>
>> code.dlang.org appears to be having a 500 problem. I think the
>> website is recovering as I write, but still no Dub builds so
>> the point remains: no code.dlang.org, no Dub builds. :-(
>
> code.dlang.org being down is now the main reason I experience
> build failures.
>
> Atila

Even with a recent DUB binary (e.g. 1.7.2 or 1.8.0)?
(=2.078.3 or 2.079.0)

Anything that you are being able to reproduce with a "fake"
always failing registry?

In theory the recent DUB binaries comes with multiple backup
mirrors and a more advanced retry logic.
We even have a few tests for this now, e.g.

https://github.com/dlang/dub/blob/master/test/timeout.sh
https://github.com/dlang/dub/blob/master/test/fetchzip.sh