D mentioned in Infoworld

Anton Fediushin fediushin.anton at yandex.ru
Tue Mar 27 06:42:29 UTC 2018

On Monday, 26 March 2018 at 15:52:11 UTC, Jean-Louis Leroy wrote:
> ...as a "programming languages you should learn now" - albeit
> somewhat dismissively ;-)
>
> https://www.infoworld.com/article/3263395/application-development/the-programming-languages-you-should-learn-now.html

> Learning D will not help you get a job anywhere, and it may be
> of little practical use. But it is a convenient way to taste
> managed memory and all of the “new” concepts without leaving
> familiar tool chains and losing the C library.

I'm not sure if this kind of mention is any good for D. It's more
like "look at C++'s stupid little brother. It's silly and
useless".

> If you know C or C++, choose from these languages
> JavaScript

If I was an experienced C programmer I'd be insulted.

> Languages newbies should start with:
> HTML, CSS, and JavaScript

This would kill any motivation to learn programming. Also, HTML
and CSS aren't programming languages.

Indeed, this article looks like, smells like and tastes like R
advertisement. Maybe because it is?