D mentioned in Infoworld

Johannes Loher johannes.loher at fg4f.de
Thu Mar 29 16:10:55 UTC 2018

Am 29.03.2018 um 14:54 schrieb Bienlein:
> On Monday, 26 March 2018 at 17:49:18 UTC, bauss wrote:
>
> Eventually they will listen to you for about half a minute why you like
> D. But in the end they will prefer someone with some working experience
> with Kotlin or Scala.

I have to say, my experience was totally different. I recently had quite
many job interviews for jobs in which I would mainly be using Java/C#.
Because I like D very much, obviously the topic came up in every single
interview. Most of the time, I was encouraged to solve the simple
programming tasks they gave me in D. I think they were actually quite
impressed, both by D itself and the fact that I am interested in such a
"niche" language. I believe showing that you are enthusiatic about such
things can help you with getting jobs much more than some experience in
a language which is "closer" to the language they mainly use.

Also I believe that D shares a lot of characteristics with Java and C#,
in particular when you do OOP with D. I think you could make a case for
the statement, that D is closer to Java than it is to C.