D mentioned in Infoworld

Bienlein jeti789 at web.de
Sat Mar 31 13:53:30 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 29 March 2018 at 16:10:55 UTC, Johannes Loher wrote:

> I have to say, my experience was totally different. I recently
> had quite many job interviews for jobs in which I would mainly
> be using Java/C#. Because I like D very much, obviously the
> topic came up in every single interview. Most of the time, I
> was encouraged to solve the simple programming tasks they gave
> me in D. I think they were actually quite impressed, both by D
> itself and the fact that I am interested in such a "niche"
> language. I believe showing that you are enthusiatic about such
> things can help you with getting jobs much more than some
> experience in a language which is "closer" to the language they
> mainly use.

Yes, I beliebe that enthusiasm and passion is something people
are sometimes looking for at job interviews. In my last job
interview I showed some passion about concurrent programming and
I think they like that, that is the passion. Whether it is about
concurrent programming or D might not be that important.

>I landed a previous job using .NET about two years ago, because
>of some D code I >had written, so for me the experience is
>different too.

This is interesting. Maybe I write a little framwork or something
in Kotlin and file it on github. Then I have something to show in
any case. And from then on I can just play with D ;-)