A strategic vision for D

bachmeier no at spam.net
Tue May 1 12:46:04 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 1 May 2018 at 12:26:25 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> I realize it's right before the conference, but I'd like to put
> out a request for Walter and Andrei to spend five minutes
> during your talks laying out some overarching strategy for how
> you see D evolving. It could be during the keynotes or leading
> off the Q&A panel, but I think it's worth laying a broad
> strategy out there.

My vision for D is that we'll get to a point where the community
develops its own infrastructure to push D forward without the
involvement of Andrei, Walter, or the D Foundation. Things like
SciPy, RStudio, and the like. Not just a few side projects, but
really large projects with many contributors.