[dub] How to specify with dub a custom repository and build directory ?

bioinfornatics bioinfornatics at fedoraproject.org
Thu May 3 15:27:21 UTC 2018

Dear,

As 99% of d project use dub as build and package manager. I would
like to know how to use D libraries and D software shared to all
user on linux architecture ?

When I run:

  dub fetch <package name>

A .dub directory is created into $HOME. I tried to provide
another directory with --root parameter but that do not work.

Currently I do not see how to build and install various D
software at my works (HPC environment).

To be able to use D in this environment I need to be able to set
at least:
- BUILD_DIR directory to perform build stage
- DESTDIR directory to tell where the root "start", it is useful
for staged build such as rpm do
- PREFIX directory which will contains bin, include, lib(64),
share directories
- use installed D library by reading env var LIBRARY_PATH, PATH,
CPATH

Any highlight is welcome

Thanks