Geany editor: Dlang code autocomplete

Seb seb at wilzba.ch
Tue May 8 19:23:44 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 8 May 2018 at 07:47:26 UTC, Denis Feklushkin wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Does anyone else use Geany as Dlang code editor?
>
> I'm looking at the ongoing fundraising for another editor.
> Unlike it, we have almost everything ready:
> https://github.com/denizzzka/geany_dlang
> (More precisely, I think that Geany is not so advanced and
> currently it is enough to add only tips and autocompletion :-))

> Estimation of work ~3 hours, it seems. And we finally get a
> normal autocompletion for D language.
>
> Thanks!

Sorry, but I highly doubt that you can get a "normal
autocompletion" for D within 3 hours.
D's "state of the art" DCD struggles a lot with autocompletion as
it only has an AST and no semantic analysis.
Fixing this by e.g. using DMD's frontend is way beyond 3 hours of
work.

Though of course, DCD works well for many cases already.

BTW I quickly skimmed your linked issue and it seems that Geany
already supports autocompletion for plugins, just not re-using
the naive default completion.