Wait-free MPSC and MPMC implement in D

David Nadlinger code at klickverbot.at
Wed May 9 01:30:09 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 9 May 2018 at 00:20:39 UTC, Andy Smith wrote:
> What's MPSP? :-)

Whoops, MPMC, of course. ;) And that wasn't even the only typo; I
should know better than to post while distracted…

> So if any D codebase has got bragging rights on the term
> 'industry-grade' I think this has to be one of them. So if
> they've copy/pasted a few comments ... meh ... I for one happy
> to let it slide. These guys have got bigger fish to fry :-)

Oh, it's definitely industry-grade in that it is used to great
effect within Weka. It's just much more of an example for an
interesting algorithm than it is for "mechanical" code quality.

By the way, if anyone ends up testing/benchmarking this on
non-TSO CPUs, I'd be curious to hear about the results. I hope I
got the memory order semantics right, but of course you don't
necessarily see much of that on x86. It would also be interesting
to see how bad the lack of fairness can get in synthetic test
cases.

   — David