Binderoo additional language support?

Ethan gooberman at gmail.com
Wed May 9 19:58:32 UTC 2018

On Monday, 7 May 2018 at 17:28:55 UTC, Ethan wrote:

ordinary C" as something they want supported. Classic. Now it's
in front of every other option.

Supporting C is step one to supporting Java too. So that's cool.
And also Python. And Swift. And Rust. And basically everything.
So I've gone and done a thing to my branch of Binderoo - I now
generate C function wrappers alongside the C++ function wrappers.

Environments that can support C++ calling conventions will
absolutely want to stick to them, especially on x64 as the
default calling conventions use registers extensively rather than
pushing everything to the stack. And environments that don't
support those conventions can stick to the C function pointer and
be merry.

I'll need to clean up my minimal C API and work on generating
code for those languages before I can say "They're supported!"
but at the very least the groundwork is there.