D GPU execution module: A survey of requirements.

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Thu May 10 06:29:38 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 10 May 2018 at 00:10:07 UTC, H Paterson wrote:
> On Wednesday, 9 May 2018 at 23:37:14 UTC, Henry Gouk wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 9 May 2018 at 23:26:19 UTC, H Paterson wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm interested in writing a module for executing D code on
>>> GPUs. I'd like to bounce some ideas off D community members
>>> to see what this module needs do.
>>>
>>> [...]
>>
>> Check out https://github.com/libmir/dcompute
>
> Welp... It's not quite what I would have envisioned, but seems
> to fill the role.

With most heavy lifting done (SPIRV backend, things like that)
you can join and contribute your vision.

Last time I looked it was way better then plain OpenCL and
friends but still had a long way to improve on the initial idea
IMHO. That was 1 year ago though.

> Thanks for pointing Dcompute out to me - I only found it
> mentioned in a dead link on the D wiki.

Please, please, fix it! Or post the page here at the very least.