[DUB][DLS] building package dls doesn't finish

Rubn where at is.this
Fri May 11 01:00:31 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 10 May 2018 at 09:32:38 UTC, Kamil Koczurek wrote:
> Hello,
> I installed an atom extension for D support, but it requires
> dls package to be installed and built. When I fetch and attempt
> to build it (with --build=release) it just says that it's
> building and doesn't change even if I leave it running for
> several hours.
> What can I do to fix it? Or do I just leave it overnight?
>
> Ps. Sorry if it's a wrong section, it's my first time posting
> here.

Download ldc2 and use --compiler=ldc. DMD's optimization is
incredibly slow with O(N!) time depending on what you are doing.

Try build the debug build to see if that is the issue. If your
debug builds quickly then that was probably the issue. But in
general you'd probably want to use LDC for tools you are going to
be using.