Sealed classes - would you want them in D?

KingJoffrey KingJoffrey at KingJoffrey.com
Fri May 11 11:25:01 UTC 2018

On Friday, 11 May 2018 at 10:43:19 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
> Classes are expensive, not everybody wants to pay for what it
> gives in all situations.

Mmm...that claim is so broad is to be meaningless.

Good memory allocation algorithms, intelligent optimising
compilers/runtimes, prudent use of class inheritance and other
features, etc..etc.... all this can change performance one way or
the other.

Programs that do not use classes can (very easily) become poor
peforming too.

Anyway... nice way for you to sidetrack my argument ;-)
(which is about correcting, the incorrect implementation of class
enscapsulation in D - so I can start using it).