[DUB][DLS] building package dls doesn't finish

Kamil Koczurek koczurekk at gmail.com
Fri May 11 22:56:09 UTC 2018

On Friday, 11 May 2018 at 01:00:31 UTC, Rubn wrote:
> On Thursday, 10 May 2018 at 09:32:38 UTC, Kamil Koczurek wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I installed an atom extension for D support, but it requires
>> dls package to be installed and built. When I fetch and
>> attempt to build it (with --build=release) it just says that
>> it's building and doesn't change even if I leave it running
>> for several hours.
>> What can I do to fix it? Or do I just leave it overnight?
>>
>> Ps. Sorry if it's a wrong section, it's my first time posting
>> here.
>
> Download ldc2 and use --compiler=ldc. DMD's optimization is
> incredibly slow with O(N!) time depending on what you are doing.
>
> Try build the debug build to see if that is the issue. If your
> debug builds quickly then that was probably the issue. But in
> general you'd probably want to use LDC for tools you are going
> to be using.

Thanks for reply.

It didn't help at all, I just realized it doesn't actually start
building dls, it stops while doing something with dependencies. I
ran it with -v and that's the last line it gets to: "Return for
libddoc: [(long list of versions)]". Here's the full log:
https://pastebin.com/1xaAa4VG

When it happens dub starts using 100% of one of my CPU cores,
guess that might be important.