Exceptions without GC/Dynamic allocation. New proposal from Herb Sutter for C++

Ben Jones fake at fake.fake
Sun May 13 17:21:28 UTC 2018

I think similar ideas have been discussed around here before
(https://forum.dlang.org/thread/stlslhjndgugecvmbowd@forum.dlang.org) but here's a new C++ proposal for overhauling their exception system to avoid dynamic allocation for exceptions.  I guess it's not surprising that they're dealing with similar issues for exception handing as the D community.

I didn't dig too deep,  but it looks like a pretty reasonable
approach, except for requiring extra annotations for exceptions
specification.

Here's the r/cpp thread where they're discussing the paper (with
a link):
http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2018/p0709r0.pdf