Building a standalone druntime for LDC

Joakim dlang at joakim.fea.st
Mon May 14 01:28:11 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 13 May 2018 at 14:59:39 UTC, Seb wrote:
> On Sunday, 13 May 2018 at 13:37:06 UTC, A. Nicholi wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am trying to build LDC’s druntime by itself (without
>> phobos), but it seems that druntime expects to be built
>> alongside DMD, which is strange considering I’m building LDC’s
>> version of the druntime. Make says: “No rule to make target
>> '../dmd/src/osmodel.mak'”
>
> That means that DMD hasn't been checked out in ../dmd relative
> to druntime as osmodel.mak is in DMD.

More importantly, ldc's druntime fork doesn't use those
Makefiles, they're just lying around from upstream. You can't use
them to build a druntime for LDC, as they're missing LDC-specific
files.

He can use the tool David linked above or investigate the CMake
targets that LDC uses:

https://wiki.dlang.org/Building_LDC_from_source