Sealed classes - would you want them in D?

aliak something at something.com
Tue May 15 15:17:45 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 15 May 2018 at 13:16:55 UTC, 12345swordy wrote:
> The way you use the word "leak" make is sounds that this is
> unintentional, while in reality it is intentional by design.
> That why reading the specification is important!
>
> Alexander

Ya I guess you be right - but a leak is what it is to people who
expect private to mean private. Which is not a small number of
people ;)

And while I agree reading a spec is important. Language specs are
not known for being trivial to go through and it's not really
something you read but more of something you refer to, and that
also probably for more advanced developers. This is not something
you can expect newcomers or even intermediate level devs to go
through. And the less you need to refer to a spec the better
(i.e. more intuitive) a language is.