Why is 64-bit dmd not built as part of the Windows release?

Atila Neves atila.neves at gmail.com
Tue May 15 22:11:12 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 15 May 2018 at 19:41:25 UTC, Rubn wrote:
> On Tuesday, 15 May 2018 at 16:01:28 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
>> [...]
>
> Which DMD version are you using to compile with?

dmd 2.080.0 installed today.

> Yah I have no idea how making the installer works

I know how it works, I just don't know how it built the dmd that
it packaged.

> but it obviously isn't a works by default and needs to be built
> in a certain environment. There isn't any documentation on this
> as far as I know.

Martin posted somewhere about what was needed to build the
installer. I can't remember where though, and it wouldn't be
trivial to reproduce, let alone automate. In any case, I can't
build it myself to find out.

> What I do is just grab what is built from appveyor and replace
> the dmd.exe that was installed using the installer. Worked a
> while back not sure if that's still the case:
>
> https://ci.appveyor.com/project/greenify/dmd/build/artifacts

I didn't know that was a thing - it might just be the way
forward. Thanks!

Atila