Sealed classes - would you want them in D?

KingJoffrey KingJoffrey at KingJoffrey.com
Wed May 16 02:39:22 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 15 May 2018 at 21:05:10 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:

> Though if someone expects to be able to just jump into any
> language and use it without reading up on how it works, they're
> just shooting themselves in the foot. And surprisingly often,
> that seems to be how many folks operate.

And that comment is a little unfair don't you think?

The best clarification I can find, regarding how D treat's
private, is from this tiny little sentence (from which, I assume,
the programmer is now meant to understand it's full implications):

"Symbols with private visibility can only be accessed from within
the same module"

https://dlang.org/spec/attribute.html#visibility_attributes