Sealed classes - would you want them in D?

KingJoffrey KingJoffrey at KingJoffrey.com
Wed May 16 06:05:31 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 16 May 2018 at 05:59:17 UTC, Tobias Müller wrote:
> KingJoffrey <KingJoffrey at KingJoffrey.com> wrote:
>> The problem is not so much D, but that C++/Java/C#
>> programmers, and many from other languages (Go, Rust....) will
>> expect private to mean private...not private..depending on....
>
> Well, that's not entirely true.
> Visibility in Rust is similar to D.
> There's no one true language semantics that holds for all
> languages. That's
> the point of having different languages.

actually, private is default in Rust.

public is default in D.

also, in Rust, private is private within the module, *and* its
descendants.

I don't believe that is the case in D (someone correct me if I'm
wrong)